The Chinese teahouse, built in 1744, is part of the Sansouci Gardens in Potsdam, the capital of the region of Brandeburg. The gardens , and the castle, were built in 1756 on land that was originally an orchard and is now declared by UNESCO as World Heritage. The gardens were built for Frederich the Great as a place for him to stay without worries, hence the name, san souci which is French for "without worries".
Date taken August 2010
Location: Sansouci Gardens, Potsdam